Here are a few links I encountered in the last week:
- Seven Shipping Principles
Core fundamentals that inform how 37signals goes about building — and shipping — great software at a sustainable pace.
- Want anonymity? Make a persona, not a mystery.
An interesting observation from the author is that if you want to be anonymous on the Internet, you better create a fake identity instead of trying to hide all the details about you. Accompanied by a few tips.
- I lost motivation… Now what? How do I get it back?
I enjoyed this write-up on burnout and issues with motivation. It is not always you do not get enough sleep. Sometimes you put the wrong labels on things, or you changed, and you crave different things now.
- Man and machine: GPT for second brains
A guide on how to leverage GPT-3 to implement a very potent search engine for your Obsidian notes
- Visual design rules you can safely follow every time
A set of rules of thumb to mind when you design a web application. An excellent starting point for a backend developer going full stack
- HEYI moved my private email address to HEY a couple of weeks ago. Here you can read about the reasons.
- Raindrop.io Until recently, I've collected all my bookmarks in a single note in Apple Notes. The last weekend I encountered Raindrop recommendation from a friend, and I am extensively testing it right now. I like that in the paid subscription they save the webpage in case the original site goes down.